Friday, August 28, 2015

Going Public


As you may or may not know... I'm enchanted with social media (as to not call myself obsessed)...  I write blog post, I share Facebook albums & videos, I tweet on a daily, I snap selfies, I post on IG... all in all, I'm in there like swimwear...

I'm also a drunk social butterfly in real life. I make fake new friends, I make real new friends & I frequent meet up with all my friends.
All in all...
I meet people.Often.
& some of them (most of them) make guest appearances on my social media platforms.

Pretty much I'm the director of my own reality TV show & its all publicly on social media.

With that being said. I'm a single girl in the year 2015. It's obviously always a question about posting guys I'm "dating" "talking to" "getting to know" (Reference Blog Post to distinguish what's what: Levels to this ish...Dating" ) There's obviously often a hesitation and a "is it too soon", But I've been known to live by my own rules about most things, including the ones people made up for social media. Luckily for me, I'm constantly surrounded by new faces so it's not always easy to point out. That doesn't mean assumptions aren't constantly made or that people 25% of the time can point out the new "boy" in my life. (except some special ones I keep all to myself ::insert smirk::) 

Obviously most people aren't like me, if any at all. Most people have their privacy settings set on extra high. Some people don't want to share anything at all.

BUT, the real point is...

for the last 3 (or so) years, no one made "the cut" to go public. As per my terms of what going public means...(Going Public to me, means full acknowledgment. It means writing a caption to leave no doubt who this person is, and what they mean to me. It means you know that's BAE)

With that being said...


I'm going public
.................................











lol JK JK, No one quite on that level just yet...

But it leaves you questioning when is it a decent time frame to go public? Seems like there's so many fake rules set up. And as I've learned the concept of "time" absolutely varies from situation to situation, I just recently learned that people move in together within a month of knowing each other 
( a lot of people!)...which makes posting a picture on social media seem like LIGHT WORK. (trust me, I was shocked too)...

The Internet is still fairly new to the world (relative to our existence) and Social media even more so. People are adjusting to this new age, and setting up "norms"...But like most things, society standards & norms are simply structures we create. Essentially you create your own standards & norms...

Soo...Do what you want...Go Public!
BUT...
be prepared for the usual critics...
the judgement that comes along with it...
the unsolicited opinions...

it's life....


xoxo
signs the girl who's always quite public.


No comments:

Post a Comment