Monday, August 3, 2015

Lessons- 28


Here I sit about to turn another year older... another year "wiser"...
Oh 28, how sweet you have been. I'm about to embark in the last year of my 20's...
& As I do every year, I reflect on the last 28.

But let's focus a little on the last year and the lessons I have learned in 12 short months...


  1. 30 isn't quite as scary as it was last year. (weird how that works, at 27 I almost cried about it, this year I'm embracing it)
  2. Scars are not permanent fixtures in our souls, time does in fact heal everything (look at you smile baby girl)
  3. You can & will in fact like boys the same way you did as a teen, age & experience won't change that, if you don't let it. (Who knew you could still feel butterflies)
  4. Confidence does in fact grow with age, that or you really just give less f**ks (I've never felt this amazing) '
  5. You really never stop learning. Except this time around you start taking notes and reflecting on it. (To avoid repeated lessons... lets just say I failed a few life classes)
  6. Even at 28 you'll meet new people in your life that you want to keep for a long time. (you always think you'll eventually stop making new soulmates, but you don't)
  7. Most people don't have their shit fully together, so stop panicking if you're not where you thought you should be. Because there's no such thing. (Live in the moment)
  8. It's ok not to reach out to people 24/7, show your love & keep it moving. let people reach out to you (still working on it)
  9. Closing chapters & books isn't as scary as you thought. Endings can be quite sweet. (closed a lot of chapters this year
  10. The universe always gives you what you ask for, so be careful what you wish for...(Practicing my wishing skills)
  11. Don't let anyone tell you you're old. You're not quite a teenager, but you're not over the hill either. Not sure when 20's/30's started being "old". (at 40 I'll laugh at myself for thinking 29 was old
Thank you 28... & hello 29, I'm ready for you...

xoxo
Signs the girl that is ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment