Monday, August 31, 2015

Silver Lining


A good friend once told me never look deep into what men say. That men aren't as multi layered as we are & usually what they say is what they mean (except when they are running game on you, that should be taken with a grain of salt)... Obviously this was advice from a male friend (I've also learned that going to girls to evaluate guys is a dead end street...)

Of course... I never listen. 
Why would I, right? 

In the end of the day , we only know how we function. & the way my feelings are set up... I rarely, if ever, am fully upfront with what I really feel (obviously up to a breaking point , in which I have diarrhea of the mouth & say everything all at once...)

Which gives me the unfortunate ability to ALWAYS look deeper. To always hear the things that aren't be said. To always see things with underlying points B,C & D when it's really just "A" & ONLY "A".
I mean , don't get me wrong, it's not to the extent where I'm disillusion either. I don't see things as fairy tales when they really are nightmares. I just tend to see the silver-lining, even in circumstances I really shouldn't. It's part of my positive nature, I see the good in everyone & everything. Especially when my feelings are involved. Some people always think the worst & I always give it the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think this makes me naive entirely, heck maybe it does, I just prefer not to live a bitter existence where I hold on to negative shit & transfer it to every new circumstance. BUT I'm aware that I should simmer down with the silver line with some situations, a gray cloud is still a gray cloud in the end of the day.

I've always been able to take myself out of my own head & situation and see it from others perspective and that's where I draw my best conclusions. That doesn't mean I follow logic more so than I follow emotion (One would think otherwise, right)...It simply means I'm aware...I am able to call a spade a spade... I just choose not to sometimes. Everyone likes a good BUT, and I tend to add a BUT to most things...

BUT...

Eventually, I get over it, eventually my silver marker runs out... eventually I see the sunlight & prefer it.

eventually... not quite yet though...

xoxo
Signs the girl that loves silver-linings.


No comments:

Post a Comment