Friday, August 7, 2015

Levels to this ish...Dating.


I sorta' did things a bit different in my life, backwards in a sense.
At 21 I was married... At 27 I started dating lol. So I'm fairly new to the scene, learning every day just a bit more.

One of the things I'm slowly learning is that there's legit levels to this ish. More than I ever thought. Growing up it was like 2 levels. I like you-- Girl/boyfriend. As an adult apparently there's a few in betweens and a few titles you can hold.

Some of the levels I've encountered:

  • Just Friends- one person totally likes the other, but only a friendship comes from it. 
  • Friends with benefits- Self explanatory. A "friend" that you have an intimate relationship with no real intention to go any further. 
  • Chillin'- You go out, meet friends, go on dates are intimate, but you're doing exactly that, Just "chilling". This sometimes leads to dating but often stays at chillin' levels. 
  • Messing- You aren't friends and you don't go out together, it's strictly sexual
  • Side Boo- You're the other girl/boy, within this category there's also levels, but your main title is simply a side boo.
  • Fake Boo- You do all the things you would if you were official/dating but essentially hold no title 
  • Dating- You go out, meet friends,are intimate and are courting to take it to the next level of becoming official eventually (no set time frame, it varies)
  • Official Girlfriend/Boyfriend- & finally you become official. Both agree on a monogamous relationship and try to build some sort of foundation & future together. 


Disclaimer: The only one that claims monogamy is Official. 

WHO.FREAKING.KNEW. 
Call me NAIVE, but here I thought I was dating everyone, when apparently there's levels on levels on levels to this. 
Obviously all of these could eventually lead to a relationship because not every story is the same, BUT chances are once you reach a certain level, that's where you'll likely stay. 

Initially I was mind blown, I went from holding the highest title you could in a bond between two people, to being bullshit. Literally, At least that's how it felt. It took some adjusting on my end. Adjusting to not setting husband expectations on a bunch of non-husbands, heck non-boyfriends, heck "ain't nothing to me".

I'm still adjusting, Still haven't fully taken a hold of the wheel, But I think I'm getting it. I think I can call it as I see it early on, now. Still learning though... 

Let's see what level I encounter next...

xoxo
-Signs the girl that is constantly growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment